21. HNS3 Poll Mode Driver
The hns3 PMD (librte_pmd_hns3) provides poll mode driver support for the inbuilt Hisilicon Network Subsystem(HNS) network engine found in the Hisilicon Kunpeng 920 SoC.
Features of the HNS3 PMD are:
- Multiple queues for TX and RX
- Receive Side Scaling (RSS)
- Packet type information
- Checksum offload
- TSO offload
- LRO offload
- Promiscuous mode
- Multicast mode
- Port hardware statistics
- Jumbo frames
- Link state information
- Interrupt mode for RX
- VLAN stripping and inserting
- QinQ inserting
- Scattered and gather for TX and RX
- Flow director
- Dump register
- SR-IOV VF
- MAC/VLAN filter
- MTU update
- NUMA support
- Get the information about Kunpeng920 chip using http://www.hisilicon.com/en/Products/ProductList/Kunpeng.
- Follow the DPDK Getting Started Guide for Linux to setup the basic DPDK environment.
21.3. Pre-Installation Configuration
21.3.1. Config File Options
The following options can be modified in the
Please note that enabling debugging options may affect system performance.
21.4. Driver compilation and testing
Refer to the document compiling and testing a PMD for a NIC for details.
21.5. Limitations or Known issues
Currently, we only support VF device is bound to vfio_pci or igb_uio and then driven by DPDK driver when PF is driven by kernel mode hns3 ethdev driver, VF is not supported when PF is driven by DPDK driver.
Build with ICC is not supported yet. X86-32, Power8, ARMv7 and BSD are not supported yet.