4. ARMv8 Crypto Poll Mode Driver
This code provides the initial implementation of the ARMv8 crypto PMD. The driver uses ARMv8 cryptographic extensions to process chained crypto operations in an optimized way. The core functionality is provided by a low-level library, written in the assembly code.
ARMv8 Crypto PMD has support for the following algorithm pairs:
Supported cipher algorithms:
Supported authentication algorithms:
To build DPDK with this virtual crypto PMD, the user is required to:
- Download AArch64 crypto library source code from here.
- Build the
- Add path to libAArch64crypto.pc in PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable:
- Build DPDK:
meson build ninja -C build
The corresponding device can be created only if the following features are supported by the CPU:
--vdev "crypto_armv8" in the EAL options to create virtual crypto device.
User can use app/test application to check how to use this PMD and to verify crypto processing.
Test name is cryptodev_sw_armv8_autotest.
- Maximum number of sessions is 2048.
- Only chained operations are supported.
- AES-128-CBC is the only supported cipher variant.
- Cipher input data has to be a multiple of 16 bytes.
- Digest input data has to be a multiple of 8 bytes.