13. dpdk-test-regex Tool
dpdk-test-regex tool is a Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK)
application that allows functional testing and performance measurement for
the RegEx PMDs.
The test supports only one core and one PMD.
It is based on precompiled rule file, and an input file, both of them can
be selected using command-line options.
In general case, each PMD has its own rule file.
The test outputs the following data:
- Performance, in gigabit per second.
- Matching results (rule id, position, length), for each job.
- Matching results in absolute location (rule id, position , length), relative to the start of the input data.
- Only one queue is supported.
- Supports only precompiled rules.
13.2. Application Options
- precompiled rule file
- data file to use
- number of jobs to use
- only outputs the performance data
- number of iteration to run
- print application options
13.2.1. Running the Tool
Step 1: Compile a rule file
In order for the RegEx to work it must have a precompiled rule file. to generate this file there is a need to use a RegEx compiler that matches the RegEx PMD.
Step 2: Generate a data file
The data file, will be used as a source data for the RegEx to work on.
Step 3: Run the tool
The tool has a number of command line options. Here is the sample command line:
./dpdk-test-regex -w 83:00.0 -- --rules rule_file.rof2 --data data_file.txt --job 100