4. Intel(R) QuickAssist (QAT) Compression Poll Mode Driver
The QAT compression PMD provides poll mode compression & decompression driver support for the following hardware accelerator devices:
Intel QuickAssist Technology C62x
Intel QuickAssist Technology C3xxx
Intel QuickAssist Technology DH895x
QAT compression PMD has support for:
- DEFLATE - using Fixed and Dynamic Huffman encoding
Window size support:
- CRC32, Adler and combined checksum
- Compressdev level 0, no compression, is not supported.
- Queue pairs are not thread-safe (that is, within a single queue pair, RX and TX from different lcores is not supported).
- No BSD support as BSD QAT kernel driver not available.
- Number of segments in mbuf chains in the op must be <= RTE_PMD_QAT_COMP_SGL_MAX_SEGMENTS from the config file.
- When using Deflate dynamic huffman encoding for compression, the input size (op.src.length) must be < CONFIG_RTE_PMD_QAT_COMP_IM_BUFFER_SIZE from the config file, see Build Configuration for more details.
The QAT compression PMD is built by default with a standard DPDK build.
It depends on a QAT kernel driver, see Building PMDs on QAT.