1. Compression Device Supported Functionality Matrices
1.1. Supported Feature Flags
|Feature||i s a l||o c t e o n t x||q a t||z l i b|
|OOP SGL In SGL Out||Y||Y|
|OOP SGL In LB Out||Y||Y|
|OOP LB In SGL Out||Y||Y|
- “Pass-through” feature flag refers to the ability of the PMD to let input buffers pass-through it, copying the input to the output, without making any modifications to it (no compression done).
- “OOP SGL In SGL Out” feature flag stands for “Out-of-place Scatter-gather list Input, Scatter-gater list Output”, which means PMD supports different scatter-gather styled input and output buffers (i.e. both can consists of multiple segments).
- “OOP SGL In LB Out” feature flag stands for “Out-of-place Scatter-gather list Input, Linear Buffers Output”, which means PMD supports input from scatter-gathered styled buffers, outputting linear buffers (i.e. single segment).
- “OOP LB In SGL Out” feature flag stands for “Out-of-place Linear Buffers Input, Scatter-gather list Output”, which means PMD supports input from linear buffer, outputting scatter-gathered styled buffers.