237. Unit Tests: Mbuf¶
This is the test plan for the Intel® DPDK mbuf library.
- Allocate a mbuf pool.
- The pool contains NB_MBUF elements, where each mbuf is MBUF_SIZE bytes long.
- Test multiple allocations of mbufs from this pool.
- Allocate NB_MBUF and store pointers in a table.
- If an allocation fails, return an error.
- Free all these mbufs.
- Repeat the same test to check that mbufs were freed correctly.
- Test data manipulation in pktmbuf.
- Alloc an mbuf.
- Append data using rte_pktmbuf_append().
- Test for error in rte_pktmbuf_append() when len is too large.
- Trim data at the end of mbuf using rte_pktmbuf_trim().
- Test for error in rte_pktmbuf_trim() when len is too large.
- Prepend a header using rte_pktmbuf_prepend().
- Test for error in rte_pktmbuf_prepend() when len is too large.
- Remove data at the beginning of mbuf using rte_pktmbuf_adj().
- Test for error in rte_pktmbuf_adj() when len is too large.
- Check that appended data is not corrupt.
- Free the mbuf.
- Between all these tests, check data_len and pkt_len, and that the mbuf is contiguous.
- Repeat the test to check that allocation operations reinitialize the mbuf correctly.