18. ZUC Crypto Poll Mode Driver
The ZUC PMD (librte_pmd_zuc) provides poll mode crypto driver support for utilizing Intel Libsso library, which implements F8 and F9 functions for ZUC EEA3 cipher and EIA3 hash algorithms.
ZUC PMD has support for:
- Chained mbufs are not supported.
- ZUC (EIA3) supported only if hash offset field is byte-aligned.
- ZUC (EEA3) supported only if cipher length, cipher offset fields are byte-aligned.
- ZUC PMD cannot be built as a shared library, due to limitations in in the underlying library.
To build DPDK with the ZUC_PMD the user is required to download
the export controlled
libsso_zuc library, by registering in
Intel Resource & Design Center.
Once approval has been granted, the user needs to search for
ZUC 128-EAA3 and 128-EIA3 3GPP cryptographic algorithms Software Library to download the
library or directly through this link.
After downloading the library, the user needs to unpack and compile it
on their system before building DPDK:
In order to enable this virtual crypto PMD, user must:
- Export the environmental variable LIBSSO_ZUC_PATH with the path where the library was extracted (zuc folder).
- Export the environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the path where the built libsso library is (LIBSSO_ZUC_PATH/build).
- Build the LIBSSO_ZUC library (explained in Installation section).
- Build DPDK as follows:
make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc sed -i 's,\(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_ZUC\)=n,\1=y,' build/.config make
To use the PMD in an application, user must:
- Call rte_vdev_init(“crypto_zuc”) within the application.
- Use –vdev=”crypto_zuc” in the EAL options, which will call rte_vdev_init() internally.
The following parameters (all optional) can be provided in the previous two calls:
- socket_id: Specify the socket where the memory for the device is going to be allocated (by default, socket_id will be the socket where the core that is creating the PMD is running on).
- max_nb_queue_pairs: Specify the maximum number of queue pairs in the device (8 by default).
- max_nb_sessions: Specify the maximum number of sessions that can be created (2048 by default).
./l2fwd-crypto -l 1 -n 4 --vdev="crypto_zuc,socket_id=0,max_nb_sessions=128" \ -- -p 1 --cdev SW --chain CIPHER_ONLY --cipher_algo "zuc-eea3"